Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service refers to hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server managed by a hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. In this way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you'd like to set up a web page, mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by certain companies, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incongruous explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the load between independent hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a huge amount of pictures with mates or associates since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email box accounts. Some distributors provide website hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video files as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to possess a site. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mails, upload video clips, etc. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular content only.